Fire destroys caravan at Trecco Bay holiday park: Shocking pictures and video

A fire has completely destroyed a caravan at a popular holiday park.

A blaze broke out at caravan at Trecco Bay Holiday Park in Porthcawl at around 7.30pm on Sunday evening.

Flames ripped through the building while firefighters battled to extinguish them.

(Image: Rebecca Probert)

 

Once the fire was out, the caravan and its contents were left in ruins, with what was left of the building collapsed on the floor.

A spokesperson for South Wales Fire Service said it received a call at 7.30pm and two fire engines were at the scene.

Dozens of holidaymakers enjoying the Easter bank holiday weather watched on the fire spread and plumes of black smoke were sent into the air.

What was left of the building once the flames had been put out

What was left of the building once the flames had been put out
(Image: Kelly/Facebook)

The caravan burnt to the ground

The caravan burnt to the ground
(Image: Tara Dalfsen)

 

Witnesses say a family was staying inside but everybody got out and appear to be unharmed.

Kelly, who is staying at the holiday park and asked for her surname not to be used, praised the fire service for their quick response.

She said once the fire began, the caravan was destroyed in minutes.

The fire is believed to have also damaged four other caravans and a nearby car.

Rebecca Probert, who filmed the clip at the top of this story, said that there were two “incredibly loud explosions”.

She said: ” The first one my sister said someone must have thrown an aerosol on a BBQ, then within a minute the second explosion was so loud the ground vibrated under our feet!

“Within seconds it was followed by flames and black smoke, we could see that it was from one of the gas bottles catching fire.

“It took over 15 minutes for the fire brigade to turn up, but the camp site staff was not prepared for this at all. And adults and children were very close to the scene as you can see from the pictures.

“People weren’t moved back until the firemen instructed to do so as there was still a massive risk of other caravans or gas bottles catching alight which caused everyone to panic and move back.

“It was incredibly scary as it happened so fast and horrifying to see this after such an amazing weekend. Never in my life have I ever seen anything like this before.”

Article source: https://www.walesonline.co.uk/news/wales-news/fire-destroys-caravan-trecco-bay-16162055