Porthcawl Rising Moon takeaway fined for food poisoning risk – BBC News

Dirty contaminated water in woksImage copyright
Bridgend council

Image caption

Dirty contaminated water was found in woks

A takeaway owner whose food posed a poisoning risk must pay £5,000.

An investigation into The Rising Moon on New Road, Porthcawl, was launched by Bridgend county council after a zero hygiene rating sticker was not displayed.

Owner Na Shi pleaded guilty at Bridgend Magistrates Court to 12 food hygiene offences, from March 2015.

The court was told the hygiene rating has since risen to two out of a possible five.

Officers visited after Mr Shi failed to display a zero rating sticker that showed urgent improvements were required.

Problems included cooked pork defrosting in dirty warm water that was heavily contaminated with food debris and grease, while staff were using dirty scourers.

Cooked rice was also being kept in dirty food containers, with “a multitude” of food hygiene failings which posed a “serious risk of food poisoning”.

Mr Shi was fined £1,800, with costs and fees taking the total to £4,724.

Councillor Charles Smith said: “What makes this case particularly concerning is the fact that officers visited twice within 48 hours yet the owner failed to act on the advice given to improve the hygiene of his premises.”

Image copyright
Bridgend council

Image caption

Pork had been left to defrost in warm, dirty water

Source Article from http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-wales-south-east-wales-35372518